- Nanny's shawl is made of handwoven linen. Only natural cloth can be dyed with organic Indigo.
- In order to receive the Indigo, natural fibres are prepared by 'scouring'. This simmering process removes natural occurring waxes and oils, permitting even colour distribution and long lasting colourfastness.
- Golden amber, the colour of a happy Indigo vat.
- Nanny's shawl is going for a dip in the Indigo vat.
- When I remove Nanny's shawl it is bright green. The transformation occurs before my eyes; her shawl turns from green to blue.
- This moment is magical, the Indigo dye is oxidizing through contact with the air. I am amazed by this, every time!
- Her shawl will go in for two more dips, each time repeating the entire cycle of dipping and oxidizing.
Nanny's Shawl: The perfect shade of blue, inspired by the wonder of nature.